Monday, February 18, 2008

February 21, 2008

DumbDIRECTIONS: Sentence Combining

Combine each pair of sentences by inserting a word or phrase
from one sentence into the other. You may need to add
commas or change the forms of words.

Write your answers on your paper.

1 Hank fixed his brother’s bicycle. He fixed it yesterday.
2 Have you seen my jacket? The jacket is green.
3 We hid Mom’s presents. We hid them in the garage.
4 My friend sent me an e-mail. She lives in San Francisco.
5 The tulips are beautiful this year. They are around the
mailbox.

Example:


Two Sentences: Gladi and I shared a pizza. The pizza was large.

Sample Solution: Gladi and I shared a large pizza.

Two Sentences: Jason posted the notice. He posted it on the
bulletin board.

Sample Solution: Jason posted the notice on the bulletin
board.


Miss Clark & Mrs. Hogsett

No comments: